At your university, the Technology Transfer Office or Research and Economic Development Office, is a good place to start searching for assistance. If your university does not have this type of office, a local incubator or innovation center may be available. You may want to look at our interactive map for some of the resources available near you. You can also contact the Small Business Development Centers (SBDC), the Department of Economic Development, or the Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTAC) to see what kind of SBIR/STTR help they may offer.

Some states have matching funding programs. These programs offer an opportunity to apply for a match for your SBIR/STTR grants with additional state funds. See below for more information on how to access those resources in your state or territory.

If you have SBIR questions or would like to schedule a time to talk with someone about SBIR, please reach out to us at [email protected]